Friday 14 June 2013

LUSH Angels on Bare Skin Cleanser Review

I'm a proud LUSHie. Before using LUSH products my skin was a mess. I have battled blemishes, blackheads, redness, uneven skin tone, dryness and enlarged pores since I was a teenager. You name it I've tried it, from Neutrogena to Spectro Gel to Proactiv, but nothing has worked to calm my skin down. I use Angels on Bare Skin as part of my daily skincare routine, and my skin has never been happier! The kaolin clay base deep cleanses while ground almonds gently exfoliate the dead skin away. Rose and lavender soothe and help balance out combination skin, and it smells great too.

I used to think I had oily skin but the problem was that I was using products that stripped my skin making it more oily and breakout prone in turn. Obviously LUSH has cleansers for dry, oily, sensitive and blemish prone skin, but Angels on Bare Skin is for all skin types (how many times did I just say skin, for real). It is a good product to start with if you are unsure of your skin type or what LUSH products are like. It is gentle yet exfoliating and did I mention gentle? Before I couldn't even splash my face with water without having red blotches and tight dry areas on my cheeks and forehead after. Now I can wash with Angels on Bare Skin and not feel embarrassed to leave the house with no makeup or feel the need to pile on the moisturizer after, that my loves is a good feeling.


Using this cleanser took some getting used to. As you can see it is not the typical foaming gel or soap, but it really is just as easy to use. Just wet your face thoroughly then take a pea sized amount of Angels in your fingertips and start scrubbing gently in a circular motion. Water will turn the mixture into a paste which crumbles as you massage in the gentle exfoliating cleanser. I know it's a strange method but it works. Purchasing Angels on Bare Skin is like ordering from the deli, it is priced by weight. I find it best to buy about $14-16 at a time because the shelf life is only 3 months.


Using a quality cleanser daily is so important. Like your hair, you can't hide your skin so take care of it and don't be cheap! Some people spend upwards of $50 on their manicure which doesn't last forever right? So get out of the drugstore skin"care" aisle and head to LUSH for good quality natural skin products now! I mean, if you want, of course ;)

This product was purchased by G&G for review! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Need it? Want it? Love it? Own it? Tell me about it!