Friday 7 June 2013

LUSH Gorgeous Moisturizer Review

Suitable for all skin types, Gorgeous is LUSH's cult favorite moisturizer. Employees rave about it and I have yet to find a terrible review from real customers, but is the hefty price tag really worth it? Here's a fun fact, this moisturizer's formula was originally developed for Princess Diana! LUSH retained the rights to the years later and they now call it Gorgeous. Want skin like Lady Di's?


I have had this sample size pot for over a month now, using it using it everyday as part of my morning skincare routine. Just like most other LUSH products, Gorgeous moisturizer will last a long time because a little goes a long way. Which is good because a full size Gorgeous (45g the size of Imperialis, next to the sample pot) is $85.95!


My first surprise was the smell. Personally if I am paying $86 for a moisturizer I would hope it smells like pure I-just-worked-for-7-hours-to-afford-this bliss, but the smell of Gorgeous does not exactly live up to it's name. I would call it funky and hard to get used to. Infused with orange blossom honey water, cold pressed evening primrose oil, fresh pineapple, orange juice and lemon juice, you would expect a wonderful citrus-y aroma but it is not quite the case. Thankfully the scent does not linger on skin. As for the formula itself, Gorgeous does live up to it's name. It soaks into damp skin beautifully, not greasy with just the right amount of moisture. A lovely soft and matte base for makeup with the ability to approve skin over time is the recipe for the perfect day moisturizer.


I have not been using this product long enough to see any noticeable lasting skin results. Reviewers claim their skin has been visibly healed from acne scares, fine lines and wrinkles, discoloration, pores are visibly reduced and more. There is instant results however, I find my redness drastically diminished and skin feels calm, moisturized but not greasy, and so soft after one application. Now I know why people spend $86 to have this product in their life...

Evening Primrose Oil is fantastic for skin, it can be taken as a supplement as well to aid in hair growth. Extra virgin coconut oil brings natural balance to skin, Honey contains nutrients and antibacterial substances which works wonders on angry acne spots (teamed up with Lemon juice in Gorgeous, blemishes don't stand a chance!) Avocado oil is responsible for healing scars and age spots, and contains more than 20% of essential fatty acids, vitamins, proteins, lecithin and potassium.

Overall, the price tag on the Gorgeous Moisturizer is scary I'll admit but you won't find these ingredients anywhere else than at LUSH. The price is completely based on quality of ingredients, you will get what you pay for with this product. The full-size pot has a best before date of one year, and I have a feeling it will last more than that long especially if like me you only use it in the morning. I would highly recommend this moisturizer and if you are interested in trying it out, ask for a sample in store before taking the $86 plunge!

This reviewed product was a sample received in store! xx

2 comments:

  1. Although Gorgeous is kinda expensive, but it works wonder on my bf.. The improvement of his skin is quite vast.. i still thinking whether should i continue to buy it for him =/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ran out and I am having the same dilemma as well.. my skin in the summer calls for more mattifying moisturizer so I think I will buy it again once the cooler weather hits.. it really is lovely moisturizer though.. thanks for commenting Pixie :)

      Delete

Need it? Want it? Love it? Own it? Tell me about it!