Friday 7 June 2013

The Body Shop Vitamin E Cool BB Cream Review

New recently at The Body Shop is an addition to their Vitamin E line of skincare in the form of a BB cream (they call it their take on BB cream, so you know it's more or less tinted moisturizer). It promises to hydrate for 12 hours while matching skin tone and giving fresh looking skin with one "cool" shade. It also claims to be lightweight which had me skeptical because nothing about The Body Shop's Vitamin E skincare is lightweight by nature, it is the most moisturizing skincare range they offer and has always been way, way, way too heavy on my skin. Is the BB Cream just as heavy?

It turns out I surprisingly like this BB Cream! I have dry skin and a bit of an oily T-zone, so when I wear the Vitamin E Cool BB (which has been every single day now for over a month) I use it as my moisturizer as well. Skipping steps in the morning is an added bonus right? Set with powder this BB Cream looks like light/moderate coverage foundation. I am impressed with how well it matches skin tone, no horrifying Almay Smart Shade experience here! The Body Shop has mastered the shade matching formula. It evens and brightens skin tone beautifully, just a couple dabs of concealer here and there for those pesky blemishes and dark circles then you're out the door.


I was skeptical of this product lasting all day, I mean moisturizing foundation eventually soaks into skin and leaves it looking dull and blotchy so this must do the same right? Not this time! I am impressed to say the least and while the price tag is for steep ($18 for 50ml) if you know The Body Shop like I do, you know they have flash sales constantly and rarely will you end up paying retail for everything in your basket of natural skincare goodies.

I really wish this cream had sun protection to make it a complete BB, but with that being said most products with sunscreen tend to be more greasy than they would without. My skin feels moisturized all day long without being unbearably greasy which was a pleasant surprise but in the summer heat and sun it definitely gets to that greasy level so as I said this product is not for those with oily skin and will be more of a winter product for me personally. But set with mattifying powder instead of pressed and you should be good to go all day with the Vitamin E Cool BB Cream.

This product was purchased by G&G for review! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Need it? Want it? Love it? Own it? Tell me about it!